Friday, August 11, 2006

Today I'm grumpy about...


Television shows on bargain hunts and auctions

What is it with the British and bargains? I understand how one can make cool deals at auctions and car boot sales, but is there any need to have T.V. shows on them? And not just one or two... about four a day, one after the other.

Holidays

Europeans are obsessed with holidays. They can never rest till they have atleast one every single year. They won't rest until you do the same as well.

Girls who wear short skirts and stilletos on rainy and cold autumn days

It's so annoying when these Kate Moss wannabees (have I spelt that right?) stand right next to you when you're waiting to cross the road. There's her with her short skirt, teeny blouse and Miss Sixty chunky heels (which are so totally IN, by the way), and then there's you with two layers of clothing, scuffed fuzzy blue boots and Thermawear hat and gloves.

High Street Hairdressers

People regularly spend upto £30 on a simple cut and blowdry. Wanna know how much that is in Rupees? The conversion rate is about Rs 80 for £ 1. You do the math. OR... you could get your hair cut by a trainee for 5 quid. Talk about taking a risk.

D.I.Y.

Do-It-Yourself for those who haven't a clue. Can you imagine wallpapering your own living room? *evil grin* Maybe I should volunteer to do it for Mum.

Being dragged to a pub by my friends

Thus far, I've managed to avoid this eventuality by keeping my bank of excuses varied and up-to-date. Why on earth should I spend money on an entrance fee to watch other people get pissed?

Boob jobs

It's amazing how perfectly well endowed women feel the need to increase their breast size by astronomical proportions. I mean... did you know that there was a bra cup size like FF??? I didn't. It doesn't even make sense. Why would you want to look like you had two zeppelins attached to the front of your rib-cage?

Waxing and Plucking of eyebrows

All I can say is 'Ouch'.

People who don't comment on one's blog when one has made one hell of an effort to post something in the first place

It can't be THAT hard. The hyperlink is just down there. Stop sniggering Eris.


10 Comments:

Blogger Eris said...

oh but i can't help myself.
you don't pluck your eyebrows? whyever not? i love making mine look permanently sarky.
and the zeppelins? lol. knew a girl like that. everyone called her rocket launcher. i felt so bad for her, they were natural. i stopped feeling bad for her when she decided to use my shoulder to help support them in the train though. ugh.

7:13 AM  
Blogger Leilani said...

I don't pluck my eyebrows... Kiki does it for me. I'm too nervy to do it myself. It's not like I need it that much anyway.

9:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok i am here 4 d cookies mentioned on eris's blog....but hey this was funny as well so when do I get d cookies???and better be chocolate chip ones...
Every1 needs a holiday so dont know y u cribbing...
and FF i mean isnt dat too big wudnt walking be a big problem??or do they balance themselves by using weights in a bag???
Ok now cookies pls

9:57 AM  
Blogger Eris said...

littlebooty did mine once. she wasn't bad at it. i cannot belive you let kiki near your eyebrows. do you have a death wish?

1:52 AM  
Blogger Leilani said...

Guano: Bless you!!! Finally!!! Someone who commented on this blog who isn't Eris. I'm so sorry your comment didn't appear here sooner. I haven't been able to use the internet for sometime.

I crib about holidays just because I can. And I haven't a clue how these women manage to keep themselves upright when they're that top heavy. Maybe they lean back slightly so that the back muscles compensate for the pull in front? The weights in the bag idea may have something to do with it as well...

About the cookies. Firstly, you simply must comment on the post on Eris' blog. Secondly, you'll have to come up with a way to transport cookies from the UK to India in an ecofriendly (and extremely cheap) manner.

Eris: Littlebooty?? My dear child, it seems to be you who has the death wish. Kiki is surprisingly good at it, though a trifle sadistic.

3:30 PM  
Blogger Eris said...

guano you seem to have given the booby thing a little too much thought. thinking of getting a pair of your own?

lei- she wasn't that bad though. surprising.
she's here btw. in bombay, i mean.

7:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wat is wrong wid u ppl ?? Not a single post in such a long time...

12:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, i know someone who's (actually) naturally... erm, blessed?
whatever. i keep telling people who notice that she probably has terrible back pain, and we should pity her and give her our sympathies.

10:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

U have won a treat* courtesy of Guano although I cant watch most things on d wonderful site called alluc.org..
I promise I will treat u if u ever come down here or If I ever come over there ...



*Conditions** apply



**condition being availibility of money.

8:39 PM  
Blogger Leilani said...

Lol. Cheers.

2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home