Sunday, June 04, 2006

12 Things I Love About The Monsoon

1) Seeing the sky turn amber right before the first rains of the season.

2) Sitting in the balcony with a hot cup of really strong tea and the wind blowing the rain and gardenia petals in my face ( and hair on the occasions when I actually let it grow past my ears.).

3) Going for long walks in the rain with Nut and Bubble and laughing so hard we can barely stand for increasingly inane reasons.

4) Going for swims when it’s raining heavily and having the pool to myself because no one else is stupid enough to try including Nut and Bubble who quote love me very much but friendship only goes so far end quote.

5) Bunking college and going to the beach to have golas and chase the soap bubble guy.

6) Hanging out of the speeding train till the sting of the drops becomes too much and my face freezes and burns at the same time.

7) Being soaking wet and unable to resist the smell of the piping hot samosas at the station and then worrying about whether or not we’re going to die of some horrible disease.

8) Having school/college cancelled due to heavy rains.

9) Not having to water my plants.

10) Standing on the terrace and getting soaked and absolutely loving life and wondering at how close the lightening seems and then realizing that maybe I shouldn’t be leaning against the lightening rod.

11) Watching the pretty red stream of water running out the front gate and down the street and wondering what my aunt will say when she realizes that the red mud she just had trucked over for her garden is now clogging the gutters.

12) Having my mother wake me up in the middle of the night when there’s a storm so I can sit all night and watch the lightening.

4 Comments:

Blogger Leilani said...

I just re-read the post, and I can't believe I missed this the last time. You chased the soap-bubble guy?

1:08 PM  
Blogger Eris said...

yeah ha!
didn't see him there for ages after that though.
i wonder why?

1:08 AM  
Blogger Leilani said...

That depends... would this be before or after the bald head?

6:51 AM  
Blogger Eris said...

hey! stopr being mean about the head!.
i just realized... i spelt lightning wrong in the post. i always spell it wrong.
huh.

12:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home